Thursday, June 18, 2009

Destiny's Creations Gets a Fresh New Look

It has been almost a month since I last blogged! Life has seemed to zoom into fast forward and the luxury of writing about anything has gone to the wayside. The next three months will be extremely busy for me as I prepare for back to back shows. I only have 3 free weekends and one is NOT my birthday weekend.

However, economic times hit me just as it has the rest of the world and my husband was not working for over a year. So in my hope to compensate I booked shows just about every weekend in the summer. I am happy to say he is back at work, but I still have my commitments. Not only that, but I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband who goes to each and every show with me, sets up my tent and shelves and stays with me throughout the day to help. He doesn't necessarily go beyond a hello, but that's okay as I think I do enough talking for the both of us!

This weekend I am doing a private home show, which is very exciting for me. It's nice to do an intimate event and be the star of the show! I have come up with a few fun games for my guests and some creative ways for them to save. For example, if a guest brings 2 friends with them, the three of them will all get 10% off their total order.

With a year and a half of doing craft shows under my belt, I have steadily kept working on my booth. I am now happy to say that I have a banner. The banner pictured was designed by www.vinylonthego.etsy.com (thank you Esther!! I love my banner)! She was truly amazing and literally nailed what I wanted by my description to her immediately. She worked on my banner expeditiously although I had only purchased it a few days before my show. Talk about customer service!

I will let you in on a little secret and let you know that I will soon be using that banner throughout all of my stores online. I have talked alot about a blog redesign and that is coming soon. I just saw the final preview for my Etsy and Artfire banner and it looks amazing! The very talented ThompsonDesigns on Etsy has taken that project and is swinging full fledged ahead.
Stay tuned as pretty soon Destiny's Creations will have a fresh new look.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online