Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Dichroic Glass Pendants Coming Soon....

It amazes me to think that I haven't worked on creating any new glass pendants since last year! My focus has been almost entirely on my metal clay work since my certification. I have made some new wire wrapped pieces, but it wasn't until my show in Milford that I realized how low I had gotten in my dichroic glass inventory. So I took this beautiful holiday weekend and focused on glass. The kiln went on early this evening and I can't wait for tomorrow to see how they look.

The next two weekends my focus has to be on creating for Celebrate West Hartford, but I hope to add at least 4 of these onto my website if I can get some winning photos. I find that dichroic glass pendants and necklaces are the hardest for me to photograph. I hope to master this by the end of the year!

In the meantime, I wanted to share with you the work of one of my twitter friends. Aside from blogging on my musings, I love blogging about new soap artisans I have tried. Today I will share with you: http://www.mybirch.etsy.com/. I received 3 goatsmilk soaps from her last week and couldn't be happier. My favorite of the three is her island coconut soap, which I have pictured below. As a special bonus, she is having a sale! You can buy 3 Bars for $9.50 plus shipping. So if you are in need of a treat for yourself, definitely visit her shop.
Lastly, if you haven't signed up for my mailing list I encourage you to do so. I will be sending out a special coupon for all of my mailing customers within the coming week, along with, my latest show schedule. Hope everyone is having a wonderful night!!

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Mmmm yummy - I adore coconut makes me think of summer holidays :)

Zoe Nelson said...

Janice - I gave you the "One Lovely Blog" award. Go to mine to see how to pass it on. www.zoenelsonartwear.blogspot.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online