Sunday, June 21, 2009

Destiny's Creations New Look on Etsy and Artfire

As this weekend rolls to an end, I am thrilled to announce my new look on both Etsy and Artfire.
The blog banner will be next, but I thought it might be cool to compare both my new banner against my old banner shown on my blog. Please visit:

http://www.destinyscreations.etsy.com/
http://www.destinyscreations.artfire.com/

ThompsonDesigns on Etsy (www.thompsondesigns.etsy.com) created my new look and I couldn't be happier. I wanted to incorporate two lovey dovey Owls into my banner. I have always loved owls and having two kind of incorporate how the name Destiny's Creations came to be. Ever wonder what is behind the name?

Well, the name came together quite easily for me. You see when my hubby and I were dating he surprised me with a Build A Bear. We have always talked about having kids (You are supposed to talk about these things while early on just to make sure you are on the same page on key issues) and he knew that if I had a girl a top contender was the name Destiny. So he came home with the most cutest teddybear ever...she had on these pink jeans, a pink shirt, with faux adidas in white and pink, and heart shaped pink sunglasses. On the birth certificate he chose Destiny as her name.

While I was taught not to believe in Destiny per se, I think fate had a 5% chance in me and my hubby meeting. The rest was a mix of charm, personality, and being at the right place at the right time and with the right person. You see the summer I met my husband I was supposed to be backstage at Opera North as their make up artist while on break from college. However, my grandfather died early in the year and my family and I took a 3 week vacation to Puerto Rico. By the time I came back I had missed the deadline. At the time, I remember feeling a bit sad about this, but in retrospect I think the events in our lives, as well as, our actions determine the many stages of our lives. Had I gone to Opera North I may not have met my husband, I most definitely would not be at the job I am now nor would I probably be in the same state.

Alls well that ends well and now I have a husband I love (in thickness and thin), two of the most beautiful and supportive parents, a darling little furry friend by the name of Emma, a great job with a boss I admire (and no this isn't for brownie points - I am sure by the time he gets home the last thing he wants to do is read blogs), and last but not least Destiny's Creations, where I get to see all of my creations to fruition and all of the joy that it brings me. A little girl named Destiny is yet in the making, but all the stages of my life have yet to be reached. For now she shares my store name.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online