Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Meet the Artisans Show and New Listings

I am just recuperating from a wonderful show this weekend, Meet the Artisans in Milford, CT directed by Denise Morris Curt. It was located on the Milford Town Green. (A fun little fact I learned is that Milford is host of the second largest green in Connecticut.)

This show is so wonderfully organized. Ms. Morris Curt herself is an artisan so she is very in tune to an artisan's needs and has been doing this for years. I could only be so lucky to have her directing more shows! I would apply to all of them. I am definitely applying to her shows in Mystic next year.

Although, the weather was forecasted earlier in the week to be rainy, the weather Gods held out for us and it actually turned out to be a beautiful weekend. While I didn't get to walk around the entire event as I had a booth to take care and a husband who surprisingly can be shy, I did get to admire some beautiful artwork and glass artisans when I went to go pick up my delicious falafel.

My customers were extremely gracious and many asked if it was my first year at the show, which it was. Many asked if I would be returning to the Milford Oyster Festival and while I did not apply this year, I did mention that I would be returning in September for the Meet the Artisan Show in September.

Saturday night I was able to enjoy a romantic dinner with my husband at the Stonebridge Restaurant. If you get the chance to go to Milford, it is definitely a must that you stop there. I thought the crab cakes from my wedding were the best I ever had, but the crab cakes at Stonebridge won the prize. I was also very pleased with my dinner, which was an entree of generous portions of lobster meat, jumbo shrimps, scallops covered by a most delightful stuffing.

Needless to say, I am quite excited to be returning to Denise's show in September! Her shows get an A++++ rating (now I would add more pluses, but you catch my drift) :)

As I settle in to my routine after a wonderful show, I just wanted to share my latest earrings on Etsy. Yesterday, I concentrated on adding a few pieces to my website, but tonite is Etsy night.

These Mai Tai earrings are part of my spring collection pairing Fine Silver and Vintage Lucite flowers. I invite you to stop in and take a look. I will be listing one or two more items tonite.

1 comment:

Papermoonies said...

I am now a follower of you.
Here is my blog, I am hositng an arty giveaway to end this week.
http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

lovely lovely work you have.
Brittany

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online