Saturday, September 6, 2008

24th Annual Wethersfield Cornfest

Today has been a rather productive day for me as I gear up for the 24th Annual Wethersfield Cornfest next Saturday, September 13th from 10:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. The Cornfest is being held in Old Wethersfield, CT on the famous Broad Street Green.

This will be my first time at this show so I am really excited to see what the crowd will be like as it is known to draw thousands of visitors each year. Old Wethersfield is such a beautiful historic town that it will be nice to be in such a quaint spot.

Wethersfield, founded in 1633-34, has its niche in history, being the oldest town in Connecticut. (Anyone who lives in Connecticut knows that this is a battle between Wethersfield and Windsor, which also proclaims the same - as I am from Windsor I have to side with my town on this one).

For a little historic trivia - in May 1781, at the Webb House on Main Street, Washington and Rochambeau planned the battle of Yorktown, which culminated in the independence of the then rebellious colonies.

If you are in the area, please stop by and say hello!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online